Will Training Feature in Your 2021 Plans?
How important is training in your business? As with anything, we can all be guilty of getting stuck in a rut. We can get so caught up in doing what’s needed that we forget, in order to get better, we need to learn and adjust.
I’ll give you an example. Have you ever bought a gadget or a new car only to discover months or even years later that there are handy features you’ve been completely unaware of?! Type into Google, “percentage of people who don’t read instructions” and the results would suggest that we all have a habit of not reading manuals or instructions. This is why we need to include Training as part of our ongoing development. If you don’t, you may be missing out on better ways to do everyday tasks, or improving how the business is run overall.
In this article I’m going to look at the importance of Training and why you need to include it in your 2021 calendar.
Benefits of training
According to the jobs website Indeed, there are 11 benefits of training employees. I’m choosing the relevant benefits and relate these specifically to Property Management.
- Increased productivity and performance.When your employees undergo training, it improves their skills and knowledge and builds their confidence in using the tools and software at their fingertips. By knowing their way around the software and how to use it better, they will improve their performance and they will work more efficiently and effectively.
- Uniformity of processes.When employees in a workplace are exposed to training, it helps to standardize the work process among the staff. Workers will apply and follow similar procedures as a result of their exposure to similar training. This is a massive plus for Residential Property Managers as teams can often be large and portfolios also large. Uniformity ensures customers receive the same standard of service no matter who they deal with.
- Reduced wastage. When employees are trained, they will learn to make good, safe and economical use of the company’s materials, tools and equipment.
- Promoting from within. If your staff are equipped with the knowledge they need to go above and beyond in their role, you can create a culture of promoting within the business. Most people like to make progress in their role and training can help facilitate this.
- Boosted morale. Employees of organisations who go through training programs will feel like they are a part of a supportive work environment where they are appreciated, which will boost their morale and make them approach their job duties with more self-confidence.
- Improved customer valuation. When your employees are provided with consistent training, it improves their skills on the job and makes them work more professionally and productively. Customers will feel the impact of this elevated service, and it will improve their opinion of your business.
- Better workplace environment. Consistent training will help employees work more effectively in the workplace environment. This brings about an atmosphere that encourages every employee to feel valued and welcomed.
- Improved and updated technology. Like all technology, we are always improving what we offer. Regular updates mean that your staff need to be aware of these updates and important changes that might happen. We don’t update for the sake of it – we update to help your business work better. It’s important that Property Managers, Management and Directors are up to speed on all the benefits and functionality of the latest technology and updates available.
Businesses who view training as a vital aspect of their strategy will reap the benefits of increased efficiencies, improved teamwork, enhanced reputation and better working practices. Training doesn’t have to mean days out of the office, it can be something that is carried out regularly, it can be short webinars that staff can dip in and out of as and when they can or it can be more tailored to your business. With current pandemic restrictions, training doesn’t need to stop. It can be delivered online, which also means less time away from the daily tasks.
Karen-Ann McSwiggan is a Training Implementation Specialist at CPL Software. If you would like to organise a training schedule for 2021, please contact Karen-Ann at firstname.lastname@example.org